Bit of a storm last night; no big deal for local families and ranchers but keep me on alert. “Thunderstorms with wind guts up to 60mph and possible ping pong ball size hail; injury will happen to humans and livestock outside…” I did get a call from a nice rancher friend encouraging me to come to their home at least until 11pm when storms forecasted to move on. I was ready with my valuables in a pile should I need to go quickly, but all turned out just fine. I was surprised by how relatively dry the dirt was this morning; either it didn’t really rain much or the high winds dried it all up quickly (or both). Going out prospecting for fossils this afternoon if weather permits.